Friday, February 10, 2006

Rejection

A rejection is a blow to our ego, especially when it is by someone we really liked.

Rejection can have us running to our mirrors to examine our warts and all. And if you get rejected enough, you begin to look for the mutant tail possibly growing from your behind.

Rejection can get you wanting to make a cocoon of your blanket, so you never have to leave your bed again.

Is it you? Are you really a horrible person? Or is it them? Do they just not know what they are missing? They just don't get you.

After a long dry spell in your dating life, should you give up and accept your life as a singleton?

"When it comes to life and love, why do we believe our worst reviews?" Carrie Bradshaw asked on Sex and the City.

But, then again, is their love out their for everyone?

We can't give up hope.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Yeah, people should have the decency to give you a reason for a break up . . . but maybe she didn't have a good reason or maybe she felt bad about doing it. Still no excuse.

P.S. I officially deleted my online dating account. I only lasted a week. It's just not my thing.

James said...

All those Sex and the City quotes: I'm imagining Sarah Jessica Parker's voice every time that I read your journal entries...

But, as you write, being rejected isn't fun.

Kelly said...

There is a lot of relationship wisdom that can be found in Sex and the City.

I think every guy should watch the series all the way through. Guys could learn something.

And I'm more of a Miranda-type when it comes to my personality.