Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Go away. Go away. Go away.

There are some ex-boyfriends who should just drop off the face of the planet. It would just be better for all those involved.

Like the ex-boyfriend who occasionally sends you little tokens in the mail out of the blue. Is it to show you that they still think about you? Or do they just want to see what sort of emotions they can still evoke?

Seeing their name on an envelope can make your heart stop, even if you haven't thought about them in months.

And then you call them to thank them and they tell you that they got their new girlfriend to mail it.

All they wanted to do is pick off the scabs and rub salt in the wounds. What next are they going to stab you in the heart? Oh wait. They ripped that out long ago.

Sadistic bastards like that are those that should really, really drop off the face of the planet.

8 comments:

So...Wise...Sista said...

Preach! Insecure bastards is all. My Ex-Con randomly showed up this weekend on a weekend excursion with a bunch of friends. Not even on some, 'oh I was just nearby and thought I stop through'...oh no. He actually had to book online, go through security, take off his shoes, GET ON A PLANE, buckle his safety belt, watch the crash demo and wait on the pretzels and juice! The bastard.

Lisa said...

Ahh... but if you really wanted to deny his existance... why did you open the letter you received?

If you really do want him to disappear from the face of the planet, you should have taken the letter, marked it 'return to sender' and sent it riiiight back. Or... you could have attached it to a brick, set it on fire, and shot it through his window.....

either way.

Anonymous said...

"got their new girlfriend to mail it." Wow, that's harsh. I admit that I have contacted exs after the fact, but usually it's been because after some reflection I've questioned my decision to end it in the first place. Time makes you forget the bad things. And, of course, it doesn't take long to remember (sometimes it just takes the sound of their voice to bring it all rushing back). But, guess I don't have that sort of mean-streak. Move forward...

Kelly said...

So Wise Sister, I don't know why some guys can't let go. Maybe we as ex-girlfriends are like security blankets to them. Or maybe, in my case, I'm just an old stand-by.

Kelly said...

MJ,

As tempting as it would be to set it on fire and throw it through his window, I don't want to be that kind of ex . . . even if a flaming brick was deserved.

I opened it because I like to give people their chance to have their say . . . I just didn't know the say would be "I have a new girlfriend"

Kelly said...

Thanks for the insight married guy. I often wonder why ex-boyfriends keep coming back at various points in my life. Maybe it is because they are second guessing themselves or, in the case in question, maybe they're just being mean.

Kelly said...

pgh,

Childish games indeed.

So...Wise...Sista said...

Ya know...if he's mean, or not over you, or just obnoxious...that's his issue, not yours. Screw him!