Wednesday, March 01, 2006

If only...

Have you ever met that person who is your perfect match? But they're the same sex, the opposite sex but gay, or just too old or too young.

How many times have you said: "If my best friend was a man I would marry her in a heart beat."

Have you ever met that person who is your perfect match? The two of you hung out together, but neither of you could get up the courage to bump it up to the next level. And the relationship fizzled and died in all the sexual frustration.

These are the dating what ifs that haunt us. What if we found the one but we didn't realize?

Or maybe God is tortuing you by making your perfect match a gay male and you female.

7 comments:

Single guy blogging said...

A guy's point of view here: I've never said that if my best friend was a woman, I'd marry him. Maybe it's just me. :)

What if we found that one and didn't realize it? I bet it happens ALL the time.. kind of sad to think about, but too many times we end up settling for the one that is "right now".

James said...

There isn't necessarily just one suitable person for any given person.

Lisa said...

SGB~
that's because the girl is the best part of a relationship... beauty, brains, logic...
HA!

TDL~
hmm... is it feminine qualities you find attractive in the gay man? openness, cleanliness, style?

I've said before that I'd marry my best friend if she were a man (and vice versa)... but I think we would probably kill each other because we're too alike. There's something intreguing about exploring the opposing qualities in the opposite sex.

So...Wise...Sista said...

I know a few women who did "marry" their best (female) friends...and they'll cut ya if you call them lesbos. lol

Kelly said...

sgb, I think your right, we miss our one all the time . . . life is like that . . .

That's why we have to hope what Coatman says is right ... perhaps there isn't just one suitable person for any given person.

Kelly said...

MJ,

Well the quality about my gay friend I like is his bitchiness. He speaks his mine, so maybe openess.

B/C although he's gay, he lacks both style and cleanliness.

Kelly said...

so wise sista, I'm not sure how that would work, exactly...

But all the power to them.